Friday, January 22, 2016

Series Review: Never Never (Part 1-3) by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher

Title: Never Never
Author: Colleen Hoover, Tarryn Fisher
Genre: Romance, Mystery, YA/NA, Contemporary
Series rating: 3,5/5 stars

 
Goodreads summary: Charlize Wynwood and Silas Nash have been best friends since they could walk. They've been in love since the age of fourteen. But as of this morning...they are complete strangers. Their first kiss, their first fight, the moment they fell in love...every memory has vanished. Charlize and Silas must work together to uncover the truth about what happened to them and why. But the more they learn about the couple they used to be...the more they question why they were ever together to begin with.
First sentences: "A crash. Books fall to the speckled linoleum floor."

My review
BOOK ONE: 3,5/5 | BOOK TWO: 4/5 | BOOK THREE: 3/5

THIS BOOK WAS SO INTRIGUING. Or rather, it was intriguing because I wanted it to end. I waited for the perfect plot (a *WOW* reason why Charlie and Silas lost their memories) and that's actually why I continued reading this series. The first book was very enjoyable and I liked it, but it was nothing special. Although good enough for me to read the next book.

“Her eyes are like two open books and I suddenly want to devour every page”

I enjoyed reading from both Charlie’s and Silas' perspective, but I prefered Charlie’s (more mysterious things happened from her view). The books are short and you basically get to know Charlie and Silas only, so it was the two characters I cared about most. I liked their siblings though, they were fun but I didn't like their families much. Yet, none of the characters were memorable.

I think the "TWO-DAYS-MEMORY-RESET-thing" was so annoying. I liked when things started to happen and when they actually figured things out. When their memories were lost again and again, everything had to start from the beginning. Ugh. But it added to the story I guess.

Book two was definitely the best out of the three. It was more about finding out the truth rather than getting to know the characters (and for them to get to know themselves). Book two was so much more mysterious and creepy (it was actually really creepy in the end).

“I may not remember anything about her, but I would bet her smile was my favorite part of her”

I was so excited when I saw that the last book was released earlier than I thought. I picked it up immediately and I read it in one sitting (it was only 77 pages). I really looked forward to a great plot and something extraordinary, but I was extremely disappointed. The plot was so boring and nothing for me. I had such high expectations for the end. I think it was a bad reason for them to lose their memories. I'd wished for something paranormal-ish or something like that.

I actually thought this book would be either a paranormal/fantasy book or a solid contemporary at first, but it was like a mix which usually is a good thing. Though I didn't like it this time. I don't know how to explain it, but the plot was like a bad paranormal/fantasy-ish plot, although not paranormal..? It didn't make any sense if I explain it like that.

Why should you read this series? 
It's an intriguing series that I mostly enjoyed and it was very mysterious (if you like that). The books are super short too. So if you're looking for quick reads, these books are perfect for you. 

2 comments:

  1. I have the first one and I will be reading it asap... I don't know how I will react to it though and it may not be good enough from what I'm getting from your review :/
    Too bad the ending wasn't good *sigh*

    Nice review though! It's useful to know the good and the bad.

    Laura @ psilovethatbook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jag gillar korta böcker, men samtidigt hatar jag när berättelser bygger upp någonting jättestort och sen mot slutet gör en jättebesviken då man inte får de svar man hade förväntat sig... Så nej, jag passar nog på denna tyvärr.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you comment on here I'll always check out your blog and try to comment something back :)