Saturday, January 02, 2016

End Of Year Book Survey 2015

2015-end-of-year-book-survey-1024x984
The End of the Year Book Survey is created by Jamie, the Perpetual Page-Turner! If you want to find her post with all the questions, click here!

2015 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 50
Number of Re-Reads: I never re-read books, so none.
Genre You Read The Most From: I'm pretty sure it was YA contemporary!


Best In Books
Best Book You Read In 2015?
I had hoped that this would be a harder decision to make (because that would mean that I only read 5++++ star books), but Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon was one of the best books in 2015.
18692431
Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I'm very sad about not liking Soundless by Richelle Mead. I had high expectations because I really like Vampire Academy, but I was disappointed.

Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
In a good way: Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott. I loved that book!
In a bad way: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green which I did not like, at all.
Fire & Flood 17208924

Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)? 
I almost never push my friends (in real life at least) to read a book, because most of them don't like to read at all. But I got one friend to read Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard and The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. I also got my sister to read 15 books (I know she likes to read even thought she won't admit it).

Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Series I started: The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
Sequel: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
Ender: I think I'll go with The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Hmm.. Almost all books I read this year are by, for me, new discovered authors. So for this question I'll choose Jenny Han.

Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I typically don't read adult books, so I'll have to go with The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.

Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The most action-packed book has to be... Reboot by Amy Tintera.
13517455

Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? 
I'm not a re-reader kind of person, so I will probably not re-read any book in 2016.

Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Without doubt, these three:
20969698 13188676 23874708

Most memorable character of 2015?
Probably Simon from Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I just loved him :)

Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Maybe A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston, although I had a hard time following the story because of the writing. It may have been to beautiful and formal.
A Thousand Nights

Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Hmm.. This is a hard question. But I think I know my answer: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon.

Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
That has to be Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
13519397

Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
I think this passage, from Wait for You by J. Lynn, was really funny.

“I'm beginning to think cookies is a code word for something else."

"Maybe it is." He tugged on my bag again as he took a confident step back, forcing me down another step. "And just think about it. If cookie was a code word, whatever it symbolizes, it's been in your mouth, sweetheart.”

Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest: Dr. Jekyll och Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson (127 pages)
Longest: The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (470 pages)

Book That Shocked You The Most (Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
I don't remember all the plot twists, character deaths etc. from all the books I've read, but I remember being shocked when reading The Girl on the Train.

OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Oh my! This is an even harder question than I thought. But the OTP of the year goes to Kestrel and Arin in The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. I LOVE THEM!

Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Juliette and Kenji are such a cute non-romantic couple. From Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi.

Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Wait for You by J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout).
17314430

Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
I'm not super sure about this question, but I may have read Throne of Glass because I felt that I needed to (...because it was so much hype around it).

Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
My most recent fictional crush is on Cameron Hamilton from Wait for You.

Best 2015 debut you read?
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, without doubt! It was fantastic.

Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Basically all contemporaries.. But I really liked Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson.
8728403

Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. It was a really funny book. Lots of secondhand embarrassment let me tell you.

Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
I cried to November 9 by Colleen Hoover.
25111004

Hidden Gem Of The Year?
I haven't seen a lot of people read Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott. It was a really good book that I knew nothing about before I read it :)

Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Oh, I don't know. I'm crushed that The Mara Dyer trilogy is complete and that there will be no more books. I love that series so so much ♥

Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Alive by Scott Sigler was a unique book! I've never read anything like it.
23278532

Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Let me think. I'm mad at Fallen too Far by Abbi Glines. I gave that book 5 out of 5 stars but I no longer like it that much. I just compare it to J. Lynn's Wait for You (a solid 5 stars).



Your Blogging/Bookish Life
New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
There are many bookish blogs I like that I found in 2015. I can't name them all. But I can say that I read many Swedish book blogs. I always save the URL to the people who comment on my blog so I can read their blogs.

Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
It was fun writing my review for Everything, Everything because I loved that book!

Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I don't really know. I enjoy writing the Book to Movie/TV posts. They're fun :)

Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
It's really unfair that authors (the ones I like) never come to Sweden for signings and such things. I've actually never been to a signing in my life. I need to read more Swedish YA books so that I can go meet some authors here. SO. I have not participated in an event last year :/

Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Maybe when I was a part of bookstagram every day earlier this year. It was so much fun! I loved to upload and edit photos to my Instagram.

Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
THE LACK OF TIME and SCHOOL are always why blogging and reading is a challenge for me. Always. Keeping the blog updated is a huge challenge!

Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Definitely the Dream Casting for Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (link).


Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I would love for all of them to get more love, of course :)

Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Hmm. I'm not sure I've discovered anything bookish this year. But I'm happy that I'm still a part of the bookish community this year (through my blog and the best book related site: Goodreads!).

Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed the Goodreads Reading Challenge and I'm so happy! And I had a goal to read more than I did in 2014 and I did that too :)


Looking Ahead
One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
Vicious by V.E. Schwab, which I'm reading at the moment.

Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)? 
Passenger (Passenger #1) by Alexandra Bracken
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) by Susan Dennard

2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I'm not so updated on debuts in 2016 but I'd like to read The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry.
25467698

Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016? 
I'm so excited to read Alight (Alive #2) and Alone (Alive #3) by Scott Sigler, The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Curse #3) by Marie Rutkoski and Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard. Oh and I can not forget Lady Renegades (Rebel Belle #3) by Rachel Hawkins

One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I wish to read every day even though it's a school day. And I also wish to blog frequently and to keep to blog updated with new posts often!

A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone: 
I haven't read a 2016 release yet!

2 comments:

  1. Har du några tips på Ya-böcker? Har haft väldigt svårt att hitta nya böcker efter att ha läst ut alla Jenny Han's böcker, The Selection och Shatter Me serierna, de mesta från Jojo Moyes och Stephanie Perkins. Hittar verkligen ingenting som lockar förutom Claudia Grays böcker som ligger och väntar hemma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, congrats on getting through it. I feel these surveys can take us so long to finish each year, we kinda all deserve a medal for managing to get through it! I read Everything, Everything in 2015 and really enjoyed that one, such a wonderful debut and I am excited to see what the author does next. I have heard so many bad things about Soundless and now I am very nervous to read it. Jenny Han is one of my favourite authors too, she writes some cute contemporaries. The Shatter Me series has such beautiful covers.

    Great answers. I hope you have a wonderful 2016 and happy reading! :) Here's my survey if you want to check out my answers.

    Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you comment on here I'll always check out your blog and try to comment something back :)