Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Bookish Resolutions (2016)


Read at least 50 books (11/50)
This is my goal for the goodreads reading challenge. It's the same amount of books as 2015, but I think I can read more this year... if I manage to stay out of reading slumps.

Finish at least 4 series (1/4)
I need to finish series that I've started! It's a big problem and a 2016 resolution for me and a lot of other people. It's just so hard but I really hope that all of us can finish a few series this year :)

Here are the series I have in mind:
• Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan (Read: 2/5)
• Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Read: 2/5)
• The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater (Read: 1/4)
• The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (Read: 1/4)

Read 3 Swedish books (0/3)
This shouldn't be to hard, although I never read in Swedish (something I probably should do). The books shall be written by a Swedish author - not translated to Swedish.

Read 2 classics (1/2)
I really want to read more classics and I think reading two this year won't be a problem.

Books I'm interested in: 
• To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (CR for school)
• The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
• 1984 by George Orwell

Read 10 new authors (6/10)
It's always fun to discover new authors and new amazing books, so this year I'll read at least 10 new authors and hopefully find new favorites. I'm sure that this is the easiest goal for 2016 :)

Read every day
I really want to read every day this year. If I know myself, which I'd say I do, I know that school will take up all my time and I HATE that. School = no reading. I'll try to read a little each night (instead of watching Netflix all night).

Do you have any bookish resolutions/goals for this year?

1 comment:

  1. 1984 är riktigt bra! & The Catcher in the Rye fick jag i julklapp så den ligger högt upp på min to read lista.


    The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
    • 1984 by George Orwell

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you comment on here I'll always check out your blog and try to comment something back :)