Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Review: Wait for You by J. Lynn

Title: Wait for You
Author: J. Lynn / Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Wait for You #1
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Pages: 332
Published: February 26th 2013 by J. Lynn
My rating: 5/5
 
Summary: Some things are worth waiting for… Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself. Some things are worth experiencing… (read more on Goodreads.com).

First sentences: "There were two things in life that scared the ever-loving crap out of me. Waking up in the middle of the night and discovering a ghost with its transparent face shoved in mine was one of them. Not likely to occur, but still pretty damn freaky to think about. The second thing was walking into a crowded classroom late."


OMG GUYS!! How does she do it?? J. Lynn / Jennifer L. Armentrout is a goddess when it comes to writing! Each and every book I have read written by her seem to get a five out of five rating. I'm so not shocked about that though, because she is, like I said, a goddess. Ohhh, I adored Wait for You so so very much. This will definitely be a review with lots of fangirling in it. I need to get everything off my chest..
“I'm beginning to think cookies is a code word for something else." "Maybe it is." He tugged on my bag again as he took a confident step back, forcing me down another step. "And just think about it. If cookie was a code word, whatever it symbolizes, it's been in your mouth, sweetheart.”
Swoon level 1000% throughout the whole book and I absolutely LOVED it. It's truly incredible how much words can affect you - not least make you swoon like a crazy person. The sexual tension between Avery and Cam was insanely intense and OMG it was so lovely. I don't know how many times I sat there giggling (I'm not one who usually giggles). It was such a dreamy and swoon worthy tension between them, to say the very least.

Let's start with Cam... I loved him with all my heart. Why isn't he real and WHY doesn't he go to my school? :( Jennifer L. Armentrout is the one and only expert at book boyfriends. I read the first pages in this book and I knew that Cam was to be added to the list, without doubt. He's adorable, smart, charming, funny, kind and attractive?? A little out of this world. And he was the best cook and baker too?! How's that possible? And he had the cutest relationship with his family, his turtle and of course, with Avery. Anyways, I love him and he made this book a 5/5. (PS. Please be mine, Cam).

And Avery. I really liked her too. She was a genuine character and the perfect girl for Cam. She had a lot going on (almost all the time) and those things made her stronger from beginning to end, and I liked that about her. I also liked her personality and I could relate to her in so many ways. For example, she loves Cam... I do too. Ha :) (that's not the "many ways" I really meant so let's pretend I didn't say that).
Oh how much I loved this book! 5 out of 5 stars without thinking! I loved Avery and Cam's story and I don't know if I'm ready to move on to Be with Me just yet. I'm thinking about reading Trust in Me (Wait for You from Cam's perspective!!) but I'm not sure. However, I really recommend this book! :)
Other books in the series:
1. Wait for You (2013)                          1.5 Trust in Me (2013)
2. Be with Me (2014)                            2.5 The Proposal (2014)
3. Stay with Me (2014)
4. Fall with Me (2015)                         4.5. Dream of You (2015)
5. Forever with You (2015)
6. Fire in You (2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! If you comment on here I'll always check out your blog and try to comment something back :)