Friday, October 17, 2014

» Book Review: Onyx - Jennifer L. Armentrout


Title: Onyx
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #3
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Pages: 366
Published: August 14th 2012 by Entangled Teen
My Rating:

Summary:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks… 
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town… 
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard. But then everything changes… 
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me? No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Quick summary of my thoughts: If you have read Obsidian and loved it, you know how gripping this series is. This was a perfect sequel to the first book. It contained everything I looked for at that time. Romance, mystery, action and so on. I loved both Daemon and Katy in this book, although Katy can be a little bit to stubborn at some points.. Yet, I truly enjoyed Onyx while reading it!

*THE REVIEW CONTAINS NO SPOILERS*

My Review:
I had a hard time finishing this one. Not because of the book but because of my still existing reading slump. But when I got into my "reading flow" at the end of the book I could finally finish it. 

I enjoyed lots of moments in Onyx. LOTS OF. There was several fangirl moments whenever Daemon and Katy where together. More moments when we got to see a more loving-and-caring-side of Daemon, which I totally loved by the way, and I few less exciting moments whenever "some real identities" showed up. 

I really liked that Katy got more involved in the things happening around and that she got the chance to show what she's actually made of. Against the Arum, the DOD.. and certain different people. She took for once something in her own hands, which is bad if you think about what happens, but still. It's some kind of development. 

I love the action in this one! A LOT. So many intense and crazy things happened all the time. It makes you, me anyway, very addictive, which is one of the things that made me love this series. 

What I didn't like was that Dee was absent like throughout the whole book. In Obsidian she was one of the main characters and now, all of a sudden she's gone (or maybe, I don't know..? Kissing her boyfriend?). The same thing with her mother. Or even, her old life.. It's development which probably means something for the rest of the books so I don't mind that much. Overall, I really loved this book!

I recommend this to everyone. Especially teens/young adults who love aliens.. and a hot male character *wink*. 
You should really read the LUX series!


Did the book sound interesting? Add it to your Goodreads!

6 comments:

  1. Great review! I've wanted to read this series for so long but I always end up starting something else. But after reading your review, I really might start it soon :D

    I'm a new follower btw! Hope you can follow back :)
    - The Reading Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D Yeah, you should start it asap! It's so so so good!
      I followed you back :)

      Delete
  2. I really need to read this author. I have heard such wonderful things about her. Thanks for the wonderful review.

    I have nominated you for an award. I hope that you have fun with it. Check out my post: http://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/2014/10/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's awesome! Thank you for the nomination :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome review. I've read Obsidian and Onyx, but I've been on Opal for a couple of weeks. I'm sort of in a reading slump too. But thankfully, winter is coming, which means continuous reading in bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I can't wait until winter and reading in bed all day! :')

      Delete

I love comments! If you comment on here I'll always check out your blog and try to comment something back :)